Chief Manager (CM) – Testing Laboratory
- Providing technical leadership in provision of testing laboratory service.
Tasks and outputs:
- Develops functional objectives and implements plans for provision of laboratory testing service.
- Provide science based consultancy service to support interpretation and application of tax and border control policies.
- Provides direction and operation guidance for the testing laboratory.
- Develops, recommends and implements laboratory testing policies and procedures.
- Directs the evaluation of technological advances and changes in services to support business process improvements.
- Plan and direct research and development appropriate to laboratory testing function.
- Preparation and administration of the division budget and monitors implementation of work plan.
- Set staff performance targets, evaluate performance and monitor staff training and development.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure quality of testing and safety of the work environment.
- Establish and maintain liaison with relevant government agencies and other organisations on matters related to laboratory testing and technology.
- Preparation of management reports, and review technical recommendations and correspondences.
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field.
- Masters degree will be an added advantage.
Minimum years of experience
- At least seven (7) years relevant experience with three (3) years at middle managerial level.
Competencies required for this Role:
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with third parties and staff.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Broad knowledge of chemistry, good knowledge in the Harmonized System (HS) Nomenclature and familiar with relevant tax laws and related regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret scientific concepts, formulate and implement scientific programs and solutions to support administration of tax and related policies.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 14th July 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer) Apply Now