In this article we will outline the best courses offered at Nairobi technical training institute. The Institute is managed by an appointed Board of Governors to oversee its operations.
Below is a list of Academic/ Admitting Departments
- Health and Applied Sciences
- Automotive Engineering
- Business Studies
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Institutional Management
- Information Communication and Technology
- Mechanical and Chemical Engineering
- Liberal Studies
1. Health and Applied Sciences
The Department has the following sections:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Applied Biology
- Food Technology
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmaceutical Technology
List of Courses and training in the department.
- Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
- Diploma in Applied Biology
- Diploma in Food Technology
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics (Module Based)
- Diploma in Environmental Science (Module Based)
- Certificate in Food Technology
- Certificate in Science Laboratory Technology
2. Automotive Engineering
This department has been equipped with tools and equipment from Netherlands-Devotra through the initiative of the Kenyan Government.
List of courses and training offered in this department
- Diploma in automotive Engineering (Modular) – KNEC
- Craft Certificate in Automotive Engineering (modular) – KNEC
- Artisan Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics – KNEC
- National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) – Grade Test Examinations
- Diploma and Certificate courses by City and Guilds
3. Institutional Management
In January 2013, this Department started offering Modular courses in Food & Beverage at both Diploma and Certificate level. TEP programme is gradually being phased out to Modular programs which are geared towards Competence Based Education Training (CBET) by KNEC.
- Top courses at Technical University of Mombasa (TUM)
- Top 64 Degree Courses Offered at TUK (The Technical University of Kenya)
List of courses and trainings offered in this department
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Management-Full time & Evening
- Craft Certificate in Food & Beverage Production & Service-Full time & Evening
- Artisan in Food & Beverage Production & Service-Part time
- Certificate in Food & Beverage Production & Service-Part time
In future the department wishes to start other hospitality related courses such as;
- Food & Beverage Management Catering & Accommodation
- Catering, Housekeeping & Accommodation
4. Information and Communication Technology
The ICT Department offers ICT training to provide innovative life long opportunities and aims at helping students develop the necessary skills to exploit ICT, to become autonomous users of ICT and to be ICT professionals who meet the demands of both local and global markets.
Courses and training offered in this department
The Department has various courses offered and developed to cater for needs of those intending to specialize in the area of ICT. These courses offered in the department are examinable by The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) and include:
courses offered at Nairobi technical training institute
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology (DICT) Module based
- Certificate in Information Communication Technology (CICT) Module based
The Diploma Course is divided into 3 Modules. On successful completion of the 3 Modules, one receives a Diploma in Information communication Technology. The Certificate Course is divided into 2 Modules. The students graduate with a Certificate in Information Communication Technology after successful completion of the 2 Modules. Those who successfully complete the Certificate Course, join the Diploma Level at second year.
INTAKE AND TRAINING FACILITIES: Nairobi technical training institute
The intake of these courses happens in January and May and September every year. The ICT courses provide students with a basis for further progression to the Universities. Students who attain credit passes at Diploma level are absorbed into the Universities at Second Year Level. courses offered at Nairobi technical training institute.
- Excellent Pass rates in National Examinations
- Qualified, experienced and committed lecturers
- Attention to individual students needs
- I.T. facilities and internet available to ICT students
Other courses offered in remaining departments include: Nairobi technical training institute
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering – Module Programme
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering – Module 1 and 2
- Diploma Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Diploma in Petroleum Management
- Diploma in Engineering by City and Guilds
- Craft in Mechanical Engineering
- Certificate in Plumbing Grade 3
- Certificate in Mechanical fitting Grade 3
- Short course on HC conversion by GIZ/MEWNR
- Train the departmental counsellors to improve their effectiveness.
- Organise for debriefing sessions once a term for all Counsellors
- Certificate in Social Work and Community Development.
- Diploma in Social Work and Community Development.
- Business Management at Certificate and Diploma Level
- Supply Chain Management at Certificate and Diploma Level. Nairobi technical training institute
- Human Resource Management at Certificate and Diploma Level
- Sales and Marketing at Certificate and Diploma Level