This customer service associate job description sample template can help you as a candidate highlight the most required skills and competencies when writing a CV. As an employer, it can attract an innovative and experienced customer service associate to your firm
Need a Job in Kenya?
Customer Service Representative Job Description in Kenya.
Most firms and companies state that they are looking for a friendly and hard-working customer service associate to join their growing team. When hired, you are given the responsibility of answering all incoming calls and emails, fielding customer questions and complaints, and transferring potential leads to our sales team. As a customer service associate, you should have an outgoing and positive mentality, a motivated, energetic work ethic, and have a good track record of working in harmony with others in a team environment.
- Get a professional CV Writing service today. Click here.
- Accounting jobs in Kenya.
- Marketing jobs in Kenya.
- I.T jobs in kenya
Customer Service Associate in Kenya: Duties and Responsibilities
- Redirect customers to appropriate teams and/or departments as needed
- Help sales team generate leads, identify potential leads and forward to sales reps
- Check voicemail inboxes and return calls in a timely manner
- Answer incoming calls and emails in an efficient manner
- Identify customer questions, concerns, and overall needs
- Provide accurate answers and solutions to customer queries
- Address customer complaints in a compassionate and patient manner
- Develop professional relationships with ongoing customers through excellent customer service
- Follow-up with callers on complaint and/or question resolution status
- Collaborate with immediate team, other customer service teams, sales team, and other company departments to ensure overall customer and product satisfaction
- Meet or exceed call quotas and sales assist quotas, both personally and as a team unit
- Follow company communication procedures, policies, and guidelines at all times
- Perform each duty above with our customers’ satisfaction as the number one priority
Customer Service Associate Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to communicate and interact with all kinds of people (both externally with customers, and internally with company team members and other departments)
- Motivated, energetic, driven work ethic
- Time management skills
- Customer service experience is a plus
- Familiarity with CRM systems is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fantastic phone skills, i.e. well-spoken, excellent active listening skills
- Ability to multitask
- Outgoing, friendly, compassionate personality
- Ability to meet and/or exceed both call and sales assist quotas
|Customer service skills examples|
|Customer service skills list|
|5 star customer service skills|
|3 Important qualities of customer service|
|13 Characteristics of customer service|
13 Skills and Competencies of a Customer Service Associate:
List of the Most Important Customer Service Associate Skills.
1. Clear Communication Skills
Answer questions clearly and be straight to the point. Not everyone needs a narration of what happened or what’s about to occur. Focus on the asked questions.
There are very few consequences for a customer when they blow up at a customer service associate. The consequences of not having self-control when interacting with a customer, however, are often irreparable. You might even loose your job in such a situation.
.Customer service associates need to have a sober mind and flexibility to respond to a variety of situations in whichever way your customers prefer at the moment.
4. Ability to Use Positive Language
Many are the times when you will meet with un apologetic customers. In such a situation, It’s okay to empathize with the customer, it’s a key component of great service but remember to keep it professional. Steer the conversation toward a positive outcome with use positive language. Focus on the solution. Finally, thank him or her for their patience, understanding, and valued loyalty.
5. Persuasive Speaking Skills
Persuasion has long been recognized as an important sales skill, but it can also be invaluable sometimes for your customer service. On a daily basis, as a Customer Service Associate you will be turning problems into solutions and fair-weather customers into loyal brand evangelists. It’s that effective. As a candidate ensure that you can speak confidently, stay positive, and offer the kind of compelling arguments that lead to conversions in your company or firm.
Empathy is the ability to understand another person’s emotions and to understand their point of view. How is empathy an important service skill?. It’s not about whether the problem was solved, if there was a refund in sales promotion. Note: Most customers don’t have a financial problem, it’s all emotional. Remember, Emotions are more important than facts, plain and simple.
7. Taking Responsibility
The key is to take responsibility for the customer’s care. As a customer service associate, you are on the front line of satisfaction. Take responsibility for how the solution occurs and solve it smoothly. When a customer problem is solved on time, he or she trusts the company even more. More clients may be alerted to visit the company.
At times you will be shouted at and insulted. This is just a part of your day, it can be annoying every time you pick up the phone. However greet the customer and try to keep yourself cool. Note Take time to cool down when dealing with harsh customers.
9. Effective Listening
It’s about taking the time to truly understand a customer’s issue and then letting them know you’re paying attention to. Often, simply rephrasing the issue in your own words and asking a customer if that sounds right is enough to make them feel like you really understand them.
Surprise your customers by being fully present and turning your complete attention to their plight.
11. Time Management
Make sure you have plenty of time in the day to complete customer tasks, so you aren’t having to choose between helping clients or fulfilling your other responsibilities.
As customer service associate you need to be up-to-date on company policies, product specs, and how the purchasing process works yet another sale.
13. Willingness to Improve
Willingness to improve is a skill you need no matter what department you are in. It’s a skill we all need in order to succeed. Customer expectations are always changing and new technology to manage them is constantly emerging. So ensure you adjust yourself with time and learn something new every day on the job. It’s a good idea for employers to motivate their employees to improve. Giving them bonuses and salary increase can do better.
Customer Service Representative Salaries in Kenya
The average net salary for Customer Service Representative in Kenya is KSh 40K. Salary estimated from 100 employees in the country.
Entry Level Salary for Customer Service Representative in Kenya
(0 – 2 years experience)
Mid Level Salary for Customer Service Representative in Kenya
(3 – 9 years experience)
Senior Level Salary for Customer Service Representative in Kenya
(experience – 10 years & above)
Similar Job Titles in Kenyan job market.
- Customer Service Representative
- Senior Customer Service Representative
- Customer Care Associate
- Call Center Associate
- Customer Assistant
- Customer Success Representative
- Customer Service Specialist
Job for Candidates: Find Customer Service Associate Jobs
Colleges and Universities offering customer service associate courses in Kenya.
- Nairobi Aviation College, Nairobi
- Rural Aid Training Institute Nairobi Campus
- Skynet Business College, Nairobi
- Skynet Institute and Travel Services Ltd, Nairobi
- Skytech Aviation College International, Nairobi
- Temple Business Training Institute, Nairobi
- Thika institute of business studies highway campus, Thika
- Thika institute of business studies Town campus, Thika
- Trans-Eastern Airlines Aviation College, Nairobi
- Kenya International Institute of Business Studies, Nairobi
- Kenya Science Teachers College, Nairobi
- Kiambu Institute of Hotels & Catering, Nairobi
- Kitengela Institute of Professional Studies, Kitengela
- Korisi Commercial College, Kisii
- Lake Nakuru Hotel and Tourism Management College, Nakuru
- Lake Nakuru Hotel and Tourism Management, Nakuru
- Legacy College of Business Studies, Nairobi
- Makini College, Nairobi
- Malta Training & Management Consultancy, Mombasa
What are core competencies in customer service?
There are four key principles of good customer service: It’s personalized, competent, convenient, and proactive. These factors have the biggest influence on the customer experience in any firm or company.
Note: You can work as a associated bank customer service.