What is a customer service representative?
A customer service representative supports customers by providing helpful information, answering questions, and responding to complaints. They’re the front line of support for clients and customers and they help ensure that customers are satisfied with products, services, and features etc.
We have outlined key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills that should be in a customer service representative job description in Kenya.
Generally customer service representatives help customers with complaints and questions, give customers information about products and services, take orders, and process returns. By helping customers understand the product and answering questions about their reservations.
Job Description Template.
Most companies state the following when recruiting customer service representatives. “We are hiring a customer service representative to manage customer queries and complaints. You will also be asked to process orders, modifications, and escalate complaints across a number of communication channels. To do well in this role you need to be able to remain calm when customers are frustrated and have experience working with computers.” (Source: betterteam.com)
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities in Kenya:
- Processing orders, forms, applications, and requests.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Managing a team of junior customer service representatives.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
Customer Service Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma, general education degree, or equivalent.
- Experience working with customer support.
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Ability to operative a computer.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills- verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data collection, ordering and processing
- Customer service orientation
- Stress tolerance
Customer Service Representative Frequently asked Questions:
What are the duties of a customer service representative?
Customer service duties and responsibilities generally include answering phone calls and emails, responding to customer questions and complaints, and walking customers through basic troubleshooting or setup processes. In the case of a sales customer service representative, customer service duties and responsibilities will include selling products and services to clients and processing payments.
Can I edit the Customer job description?
Yes. When you advertise a customer service representative job position in your organization or company, you should include details about the position of your company. Feel free to add your own customer service representative duties or edit our customer service job description to include the qualities and skills you’d like in your next talent hire session.
Interview Questions for Customer Service Representatives:
- How would you deal with an angry customer?
Things that indicate an interviewee is a bad choice include being rude and not having any previous experience dealing with difficult customers in a busy company. An inexperienced candidate may make a good pick if their other answers are strong.
- Give me an example of a time you went to great lengths to help a customer.
This question might be mistaken by the interviewee. It doesn’t mean how you helped the customer or how you solved the problem. It’s about who you are.
Hiring managers basically look for candidate who is authentic and reflective in their response. They watch out for respondents who overuse the words “I” and “me”, as well as anyone who broke rules to help customers. Neither is a good gesture though.
- Why should we hire you for our customer service team?
This question basically focuses on candidate’s personality. Do they see themselves as part of the team? As a candidate, you should state ways you can contribute as a team player instead of focusing on your personal agendas.
- How well do you work under high pressure?
This question is a great refer to Question #1 Here,you have to show how to handle stress and difficult situations when they arise. Note: You won’t be hired if you describes yourself as having a quick temper. Overly emotional personality types aren’t a good fit for customer service positions, although an empathetic personality who can control their emotions can make a great pick.
- Are you a team player?
As a customer service representative, you need to be easy to get along with charismatic. At the same time, you need to be able to work independently under minimum supervision.
|Customer service representative job|
|Customer service executive roles and responsibilities|
How to become a chartered accountant in Kenya?
What are the roles and responsibilities of customer service associate
Customer service reps are crucial to company’s success and will add value by communicating often and accurately with your other teams to make sure any bugs, manufacturing issues, or service problems are taken care of quickly. As a customer service rep, you will be required to alert customers about new products trends, regularly request for design changes to an existing product, customer requests for a new type of product, etc.
Interview Questions: Customer Service Representative.
- Do you consider yourself a ‘people person’? Why or why not?
- Share your previous experience working in customer service
- What if a customer is using abusive language with you, but has a valid point, how would you manage the situation?
- What three words would your friends choose to describe you?
- What type of work environment are you interested in?
- Describe one customer service scenario you handled particularly well.
- How do you define customer service?
- If we meet again in a few years, what goals do you need to have accomplished in order to feel successful?
Customer service job description for resume
Customer care job description
Universities and Colleges Offering Diploma & Certificate in Customer Service courses in Kenya.
- Bridge College, Nairobi
- Brilliant Institute, Githurai
- Career Training Centre, Nairobi
- Carlile College, Nairobi
- Carol College, Nakuru
- Chako Training Centre School of Business, Nairobi
- College of Advanced Technology, CAT, Nairobi
- Compuera College, Nairobi
- Cornerstone Training Institute, Nairobi
- Crossworld Institute of Professional Studies, Nairobi
- Dal-Rich College of Business Studies, Nairobi
- Africa College of Aviation and Management, Nairobi
- Air Travel & Tours Training College, Nairobi
- Air Travel and Related Studies Centre, Nairobi
- Ark School of professionals, Nyeri
- Atlas College, Eastleigh
- Beam International Training Centre Kisii branch
- Beam International Training Centre Nairobi branch
- Blanes College, Nairobi
- Elite Commercial College, Kakamega
- Embu Institute of Business Management, Embu
- Faithlink Network Systems School of Business Studies and Computer Training, Nairobi
- Focus College, Nairobi
- Foresight Institute of Logistics and Business Studies, Nairobi
- Frontier Institute of Professional and Management Studies, Garissa
- Futurecom institute of professional studies, Nairobi
- Gakeo College of Business Studies, Thika
- Global Institute of Management & Commerce, Nairobi
- Graffins College Westlands Campus, Westlands
- Imara College, Nairobi
- Insight Commercial College, Limuru
- Institute of Business and Professional Studies, Nairobi
- Integrity School of Management, Nairobi
- International Centre for Tourism and Foreign Languages, Nairobi
- International College of Professionals, Nairobi
- Interworld College, Nairobi
- Intraglobal Training Institute, Nairobi
- Kenya College of Accountancy Western Campus, Kisumu
- Kenya College of Commerce & Hospitality, Nairobi
- Kenya College of Commerce and Hospitality Mombasa Campus
- Kenya Institute of Management KIM, Nairobi
- Kenya Institute of Media and Technology, Nairobi
- Kenya Institute of Open Learning, Nairobi
- Kenya International Institute of Business Studies, Nairobi
- Kenya Science Teachers College, Nairobi
- Kiambu Institute of Hotels & Catering, Nairobi
- Kitengela Institute of Professional Studies, Kitengela
- Korisi Commercial College, Kisii
- Lake Nakuru Hotel and Tourism Management College, Nakuru
- Lake Nakuru Hotel and Tourism Management, Nakuru
- Legacy College of Business Studies, Nairobi
- Makini College, Nairobi
- Malta Training & Management Consultancy, Mombasa
- Metropolitan College, Nairobi
- Metropolitan Group of Colleges, Nairobi
- Mombasa Aviation Training Institute, Mombasa
- Mombasa Technical Training Institute, Mombasa
- Multimedia University of Kenya, Nairobi
- Muranga Institute of Science and Management Studies, Kiriaini Campus
- Nairobi Aviation College, Kisumu Branch
- Nairobi Aviation College, Nairobi
- Rural Aid Training Institute Nairobi Campus
- Skynet Business College, Nairobi
- Skynet Institute and Travel Services Ltd, Nairobi
- Skytech Aviation College International, Nairobi
- Temple Business Training Institute, Nairobi
- Thika institute of business studies highway campus, Thika
- Thika institute of business studies Town campus, Thika
- Trans-Eastern Airlines Aviation College, Nairobi
- Unity College of Professional Studies, Buruburu Campus, Nairobi
- University of Nairobi School of Physical Sciences, Nairobi
- Wagemar Institute of Professional Studies, Nairobi
- Western Kenya College of Economics & Business Studies, Vihiga
- Westford International Training College, Nairobi
- Zetech College Agriculture House Campus, Nairobi
- Zetech College Pioneer Campus, Nairobi
customer service representative salary in Kenya
An entry-level Customer Service Representative (CSR) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of KSh 341,329 per year.
An early career Customer Service Representative (CSR) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total maximum KSh 320,000 . A mid-career Customer Service Representative (CSR) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of KSh 370,000 per year based on a few surveys conducted etc.