- By CIC GROUP
Facilities officer provides assistance to ensure the day-to-day smooth management and operation of a building’s infrastructure, contract management, security, office support services along with property and space management services.
JOB ROLE SUMMARY
- Identify and source for the tenants for CIC Plaza;
- Review and monitor lease agreements for CIC Plaza and the branch offices – and facilitating the renewal of the leases (Land rates);
- Deal with statutory bodies on matters relating to the building and the plots – KPLC, NCC, Ministry of Lands, and NWC, Telkom;
- Monitor and check that the service providers are delivering as per the service standards stipulated;
- Prepare demand notes and collection of rent income;
- File VAT returns paid on rent to KRA;
- Prepare property rental income and expense budgets;
- Advise on areas requiring repairs and maintenance – building, furniture, equipment, and fixtures – and oversee repair works by supervising the contractors involved that safety standards are maintained;
- Reconcile contractors’ and service providers’ invoices/ fee notes and submit to assistant accountant for payments;
- Review the existing list of assets owned by the group for purposes of insurance and follow up for premium payment;
- Sourcing for office space and assist in negotiating lease agreements.
- Update the fixed asset register.
- Bachelor of Land economics/Degree in Real Estate Management.
- Up to three (3) years’ relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
- Good communication (written and spoken) skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Honesty, Integrity, team player, customer service
- Sense of urgency
- Sound decision-making
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through:https://cic.co.ke/job–application/clearly indicating the position being applied for. E.g. Facilities Officer
The application should reach us by close of business on 17th December, 2021. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 14th January, 2022 consider your application unsuccessful.