Key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills that should be in an IT support specialist job description.
IT support specialists provide organizations with information technology support to optimize operational efficiency.
IT Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Consulting with IT managers and other departments as required.
- Providing IT assistance to staff and customers.
- Training end-users on hardware functionality and software programs.
- Resolving logged errors in a timely manner.
- Monitoring hardware, software, and system performance metrics.
- Updating computer software. as well as upgrading hardware and systems.
- Maintaining databases and ensuring system security.
- Documenting processes and performing diagnostic tests.
- Keeping track of technological advancements and trends in IT support.
IT Support Specialist Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience as an IT support specialist.
- Exceptional ability to provide technical support and resolve queries.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks.
- Ability to determine IT needs and train end-users.
- Proficiency in IT helpdesk software, such as Freshservice and SysAid.
- Experience in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of database maintenance and system security.
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.