Twiga Foods Limited
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Twiga is a B2B e-commerce company that builds fair and reliable markets for agricultural producers, food manufacturers and retailers based on transparency and efficiency.
Our motto is to provide affordable access to high quality food and grocery across African cities.
Our ambition is to modernize Africa’s urban informal retail by using technology, to aggregate demand and help create an efficient supply chain that makes food and grocery more affordable.
In line with Twiga Foods purpose and the significant role played by the Warehouse (Supply Chain), the Electrical Technician installs, troubleshoots and repairs electrical components/systems. The role holder is also responsible for monitoring resources relating to electrical equipment e.g. power consumption and generator fuel levels. The role holder works closely with the Maintenance Engineer to ensure equipment availability and reliability and timely procurement of spare parts.
- Responsible for PPM and Reactive Maintenance of Electrical Plant and systems.
- Conduct electrical safety inspections, internal and statutory, as per organizational and legal requirements.
- Carry out electrical installation work as authorized by the electrical engineer
- Maintain records of maintenance and repair work; prepare reports, documentation, and correspondence
- Reviews operator’s manuals and other established guidelines; ensures equipment and information systems are operated in accordance with established guidelines
- Monitor electrical plant and equipment including the gensets to ensure optimal operation and reduction of unplanned downtime
- Troubleshooting, installation and repair of electrical equipment, feeders, branch circuits, motors, VFDs, PLCs, SCADA systems, RTUs, relays, alarms, control system and lighting.
- Read and analyse electrical and mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or diagrams
- Ensure conformance with quality, environmental, food and safety requirements commensurate with executing required instrument maintenance or replacement activities
- Observe the set Health, Safety, and Environment guidelines (PPE, LOTO) during repair and maintenance of machines
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing/ factory set up
- Must have experience working with PLCs and SCADA systems
- ERC Electrician Licence is an added advantage
- Basic Computer Skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Twiga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We champion equal treatment of all applicants. Twiga does not charge its applicants any fees whatsoever and has not authorized any agent to levy any fees on its behalf. If anyone requests you to make any payment with respect to this application, please report the incident to email@example.com or to our hotline on +254 (0) 709 258 000. Apply
To apply for this job please visit twiga.applytojob.com.