Twiga foods Limited
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Twiga is a B2B e-commerce company that builds fair and reliable markets for agricultural producers, food manufacturers and retailers based on transparency and efficiency.
Our motto is to provide affordable access to high quality food and grocery across African cities.
Our ambition is to modernize Africa’s urban informal retail by using technology, to aggregate demand and help create an efficient supply chain that makes food and grocery more affordable.
In line with Twiga Foods purpose and the significant role played by the Warehouse (Supply Chain), the Mechanical Technician installs, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical systems. The role holder is also responsible for monitoring and record keeping for utilities e.g. LPG and water. The role holder works closely with the Maintenance Engineer to ensure equipment availability and reliability, timely procurement of spare parts and building services maintenance.
- Carry out routine inspection, repairs, and preventive maintenance of all machines and equipment (crate washing machine, extender belts, racking, and material handling equipment i.e. reach trucks, forklifts, hand pallet trucks, pallet lifts) to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Disassembling and assembling of all the mechanical components (gears, transmission belts, bearings, pumps) of machines and equipment for repair and maintenance
- Carry out checks, repairs and preventive maintenance for building services (plumbing, ventilation, sewerage)
- Carry out lubrication, cleaning, and tightening of all machines and equipment
- Read and interpret drawings to understand the assembly and functionality of machines and equipment
- Train machine operators on safe handling of equipment and monitor conformance to the set-out machine operation guidelines
- Monitor and maintain records on the utilities’ usage
- Proper usage, maintenance and record-keeping of tools
- Provide coverage for the boiler technician
- Observe the set Health, Safety, and Environment guidelines (PPE, LOTO) during repair and maintenance of machine
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing/ factory set up
- Basic Computer Skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Twiga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We champion equal treatment of all applicants. Twiga does not charge its applicants any fees whatsoever and has not authorized any agent to levy any fees on its behalf. If anyone requests you to make any payment with respect to this application, please report the incident to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our hotline on +254 (0) 709 258 000. Apply
To apply for this job please visit twiga.applytojob.com.