Department: Commercial – Seller Management – Sales Teams Job Title
Key Account Manager Home & Personal Care Brands -Jumia (Full Time) City
Jumia jobs in Kenya
Who we are
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
What’s this job all about?
As a Key Account Manager at Jumia, you will be accountable for the most important of Jumia KPIs: growth and profitability. This position is currently one of the positions where Jumia Group is investing the most to grow the pool of talent. We expect the best performers to be the next wave of CCOs, MDs, and Category Directors across the group.
You will focus on Home and Personal Care categories, managing end-to-end relationship for our top brands and vendors. From the very essence of commercial, operations or even co-organization of Jumia key commercial events, your scope will provide you will all levers to drive your categories toward the right direction.
This position justifies a high exposure to Managing Directors, CCO up to Jumia CEOs
The main challenges are described as below:
- Building strong link with C-Levels and account managers of our top brands and vendors. You should justify of a flawless understanding of the entire ecosystem as well as a tremendous network. You will be the only one along with country managing director & CCO to represent Jumia in front of those key accounts
- Driving the growth by ensuring we have the right products at the right prices
- Making sure your accounts are matching key operational KPIs (out of stock and time for having the products ready to ship)
- Ensuring we anticipate sourcing through brand product roadmaps as well as we replenish fast enough missing strategic assortment
- On-boarding 100% of your account’s products available
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, etc.
- Building business plan for your category (ies) to ensure we grow them in a structured way. Those BP will be presented to Jumia local CEO & CCO as well as Jumia Group CCO
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Strong commercial skills
- Good analytical skills
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations
- Structured and organized
- Good with tools (excel & PPT, Salesforce.com would be a plus)
- Resistant to stress
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Great ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Flawless English communication
- Experience over 4 years either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking & consulting companies
- Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 5 of your field for your country)
- Proficiency in MS Office and google tools
- Familiar with relationship management tools
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation