Network specialists deploy and maintain IT network infrastructure for a variety of organizations. They collect network performance data, monitor network security, and optimize server capacity to manage the flow of information. They also perform network upgrades and fix network errors at client locations. (remote or onsite).
Network Specialist Responsibilities:
- Determining company needs and coordinating the development and maintenance of network infrastructures with the IT team.
- Ensuring secure and stable server connectivity and testing network protocols.
- Creating internet domains and optimizing intranet performance.
- Testing data exchange and communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Installing, updating, and configuring end-user networking accessories.
- Monitoring server capacity and performance to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Running diagnostic tests and performing repairs, as well as developing backup, archiving, and data retrieval procedures.
- Training junior IT staff, preparing user manuals, and providing remote or onsite technical support.
- Enhancing network security, as well as documenting network processes and cabling layouts.
- Keeping informed of developments in network technologies and infrastructure.
Network Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- Certified CompTIA, Microsoft, or Cisco network professional preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a network specialist.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to visit client locations.
- Availability to perform network repairs outside of business hours.