Procurement and Information Technology Officer Job
Procurement Jobs In Kenya.
The Millennium Water Alliance (MWA) is a permanent global alliance of leading humanitarian and private organizations that convenes opportunities and partnerships, accelerates learning and effective models, and influences the WASH space by leveraging the expertise and reach of its members and partners to scale quality, sustained WASH services. Founded in the year 2002, MWA seeks to advance high standards for program quality, transparency, and accountability and work with its members, governments, communities, private sector partners, and other key stakeholders to bring to scale effective and sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene education solutions.
The Resilient Arid Lands Partnership for Integrated Development Plus (RAPID+) program is convened and led by the Millennium Water Alliance with primary funding from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) alongside match and investment funds from private sector actors, implementing partners (Catholic Relief Services, CARE, World Vision, Food for the Hungry) and participating county governments of Isiolo, Turkana, Wajir, Garissa and Marsabit where the program is being implemented. The program goal is to improve access to safe and sustainably managed water and rangelands in target RAPID+ counties that will contribute to resilient livelihoods for communities in a peaceful environment.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the Procurement and Information Technology (IT) Officer will be responsible for procurement of goods and services and maintenance of IT equipment. The officer will play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in procurement processes as well as adherence to policies, procedures and controls. Other roles and responsibilities of the office include the following:
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Preparation and timely submission of periodic procurement plans.
- Offer advisory services to staff for effective and efficient implementation of procurement plans.
- Lead pre-qualification of supplier/vendors and conduct vendor visits.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of suppliers/vendors for a range of products and services that MWA Kenya procures.
- Send, receive and keep custody of pre-qualifications, request for proposals and quotations.
- Participate in the bid committee meetings and offer prompt and appropriate advice to the members during bid analysis and evaluation of tenders.
- Prepare local purchase orders, service orders and contracts for review and approval based on bid committee deliberation.
- Ensure implementation of procurement policy and occasionally conduct staff trainings on the policy.
- Develop and oversee an effective stores management system.
- Lead in organizing meetings, workshops and conferences by working closely with vendors and suppliers to ensure adequate/appropriate preparation and delivery of high-quality events which include Program Steering Committee and Program Management Group meetings.
- Ensure timely booking of flights and airport transfers for staff.
- Maintain and update as appropriate all office computers, mobile phones, tablets and office phone system.
- Manage both physical and virtual back up storage facilities and develop schedules to ensure frequent back up of data on all organization computers.
- Ensure the optimal functionality of office internet and troubleshooting as appropriate.
- Maintain and update the asset register and lead in tagging of assets.
- Develop and maintain specifications for products and services that MWA frequently procures.
Qualifications and competencies
The position requires the following experiences and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies, Procurement, IT, ICT or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a procurement and/or IT role for donor funded organizations.
- Training and knowledge in IT is desirable.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, and other relevant software.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands and inquiries.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and Kiswahili).
- Strong team player with demonstrable ability to engage staff at all levels in an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and self-directed individual with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
Location: The position is a local hire and will be based in Nairobi with occasional travel to project sites.
How to Apply Interested candidates should submit their applications consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV with three referees, one of whom must be a current or former supervisor. The applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on 31st March 2022. The email subject should be clearly titled. “Procurement and IT officer”
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Categories: IT Jobs In Kenya, Procurement Jobs In Kenya
Employer: ICT Officer Jobs In Kenya, Millennium Water Alliance Jobs, Procurement Officer Jobs In Kenya, Purchasing & Supplies Jobs In Kenya