Are you a highly experienced talented and looking for a challenging role where you can learn lots more and work on exciting projects in a great working environment?
If you are passionate about technology, constantly seeking to learn and improve skillset, then you are the type of the person we are looking for!
We are offering superb career growth opportunities, great compensation and benefits.
We are always on the lookout for developers that possesses a passion for pushing technologies to the limits. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
Web Developer Specialist
Company: Zalego Academy Town: Nairobi Type: Renewable Contract Experience: 2 years experience and above, Gross Salary: Attractive
As a software developer Web Specialist at StepWise, you will work directly with our developer team and to develop new software features. To be successful, you must be equally comfortable interacting with business executives and diving into a detailed discussion with technical experts. You will work directly with the developer team to understand the needs of our cus tomer s and navig a t e the de velopmen t and deploymen t of comple x software features. We are looking for a talen ted Web Specialis t who is an IT professional specializing in de veloping web applic ations.
- The selected candidate will be involved in real-world, cutting edge technology projects that benefit both the intern and the companies that support our program.
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design
- Create websites and userinterfaces, using standardHTML/CSS/Bootstrap practices,while incorporating data fromback-end databases and services
- Create and maintain workflowswith teams to provide visibility andto ensure workload balance forconsistent visual designs
- Develop or validate testingschedules, addressing all browsersand devices to ensure various computers can access content
- Maintain updated knowledge ofnew and emerging industry trendsand technology
- Pursuing a BS/BA in Management Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Resiliency and ability to adapt quickly.
- Desire to build a career inInformation Technology.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campusand/or the community.
- Strong problem solving andbusiness process skills.
- Excellent communication andinterpersonal skills
- Proficient with HTML and CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security session management and best development practices.
- Basic knowledge of relational database systems, object oriented programming and web application development.
- Basic knowledge of search engineoptimization process.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis andcreative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in afast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge in PHP frameworks such as Laravell is a plus.
StepWise is making an impact by providing people with physical disabilities in the developing world with meaningful employment in the digital economy. Our highly motivated and skilled teams located in East Africa perform data processing tasks such as transcription and digitization, data labelling and annotation for machine learning and artificial intelligence data sets, and content moderation. StepWise has offices in Austin, Texas and Nairobi, Kenya.
About the Job:
Zalego Academy is seeking an experienced IT Support to monitor and maintain the company computer systems, configure hardware and software and solve technical issues as they arise. The IT support will report to the Manager, IT Hardware and will provide technical support and ensure the company runs smoothly.
PWDs and Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain printers, computers, laptops and any other technological equipment
- Upgrades components and peripherals in computer hardware
- Configures and optimizes the computer system
- Install various operating system and application software
- Maintains required documentation
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Provide users with appropriate support and advice
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems
- Researches problems and investigates new software products
- Install and manage PCs antivirus
- Coordinate together with Manager, IT Hardware the procurement of ICT related equipment
- Managing users email and outlook configuration
- Provide professional customer service support
- Maintain and administer LAN/WAN and other networks
- Attend ICT meetings
- Other technical assistance duties as assigned by the management
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or equivalent and some relevant technical training
- Knowledge in troubleshooting and repairing computers and printers.
- Understands computer procedures and standards, desktop and network configurations
- Understands Windows Server 2019 and VMWare
- Relevant certifications in IT will be an added advantage
- Understands and maintains windows domain controller environment
- A good understanding of other IT skills including website maintenance will be added advantage
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Excellent team player
- Ability to anticipate and manage change
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
1. Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for at least 2 year(s)
2. BS/MS degree in Computer Science,IT,BBIT or similar relevant field
4. Demonstrated attention to detail
5. Familiar with AWS & Linux command line will be added advantage.
6. In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework
7. Hands on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
8. Software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat)
1. Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
2. Great aptitude and attitude towards learning
3. Take full responsibility for task/project execution
4. Ability to prioritize own work and respect deadlines
5. MySQL profiling and query optimization
6. Creative and efficient problem solver